Learning how to become an effective public speaker could be the key difference between success and failure in your life at home, at work and in your community.
As an adult, if you still have the fear of speaking in public, then you need to ensure that your child does not have this fear. You can equip your child with the skill of speaking with confidence and poise.
Public speaking and communications is a skill that will stay with them for the rest of their life. Effective communication skills means that you can make more friends, impress your bosses, make more sales and deliver a great presentation. Many opportunities arise when you can get your point across in an effective way.
Parents tend to focus on developing and emphasizing only on academics and spend money on tuition or piano classes. Many parents have yet to realise how critical communications skills and confidence building is to a child. Academics and extracurricular activities are important but public speaking and communications skills are also critical for many reasons such as:
- Increased self-confidence
- Effective public speaking empowers you to increase your self confidence
- Comfortable with strangers
- Public speaking regularly helps to make you more comfortable around other people including strangers. With this skill, your child can overcome shyness and make friends more easily.
- Helps in your career
- The ability to communicate well and speak confidently in public will get the attention of the bosses and clients. This will help to advance your career and business.
- Impact the community and world
- Effective public speaking helps to communicate your thoughts, passion and hope to others. Therefore, you are able to make an increased impact on the community and the world.
- Persuade people
- Great public speakers are very persuasive people. They are able to persuade people to buy-in to their cause, to buy their products, to give them a promotion, be friends with them or even be in a relationship with them.
- Perform better at school
- Mastering public speaking early helps to perform better at school, college and university as it offers them a greater opportunity to be accepted to top schools, awarded scholarships and even score better grades for presentation.
Therefore, it can be surmised that by developing public speaking skills, it can boost your performance and value is all areas of life including at home, at school and even at work.
Find out more about how you can learn how your child can be an effective communicator too! Contact us at email@example.com for more information or sign up for our next parenting talk.
By Sonia Thor, Good School